Friday, March 12, 2010

From Food Taster to Magician

Fantastic series by Maria V. Snyder. I finished the last book today and I couldn't have asked for a better conclusion. Also knowing that she is writing another trilogy following a minor character from the last two books makes me happy. This is a talent you shouldn't ignore. I mean, come on, Poison Study starts with our protagonist locked in a dungeon! Who wouldn't want to keep reading? Fantasy fans will love the world Snyder creates and the characters are just as awesome. From Yelena, the sarcastic, bow-wielding heroine to Valek, the dangerous assassin who moves like a ghost. Ari and Janco, soldiers who banter like a married couple yet act as brothers to the young Yelena to Moon Man, the sometimes naked guide who gives "cryptic knowledge" with a smug smile. I loved everything about these books and I can't wait to start her other trilogy.