Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover (It does help a lot, though)

While browsing through Barnes & Noble yesterday, I realized just how much book covers really draw me in. Here are some favorites that I saw while looking:

The first one, Torment, is the second book in a series I haven't read yet. Both this and the first cover immediately intrigue me because I'm a sucker for the Gothic and this chick screams it. I also love the black against the gray.

Jessica's Guide To Dating On The Dark Side drew me in for the fact that I have the same name and my friends said I could have written this. She's a vampire princess and has curly brown hair... Yeah, if there was one fictional character with whom I connect with, it's her. I love, love that you cannot see the guy's eyes; just his fangs.

The girl on the cover of Jenny Green's Killer Junior Year just looks so ready for revenge that I couldn't help but read the first few pages. I also think the bright blue (happy) background and the word killer appearing all bloody is so contradicting that it works so well.

Finally, The Devouring, which I read and...well, devoured, has three of my favorite things: purple, smoke and another gothy-looking girl. This cover really captures my attention because it looks so pretty, but you wonder just what is lurking beyond the pages.

There are so many other covers that I love, but these were just a few I wanted to share. I can guarantee I will post more in the future, probably even make a page out of it. Anyway, the only thing I haven't read in this group was Torment, but I plan to because I remember reading the plot to the first book, Fallen, and it sounds pretty cool.