Friday, April 30, 2010

People Will Always Dream and Put Those Dreams Into Songs

Lacking in the blog department merely because there hasn't been much to blog about. I did, however, want to talk about Pirate Radio/The Boat That Rocked, which I finally say the other day. I had wanted to see it when it was out in the theater, but sadly that never happened. Philip Seymour Hoffman leads as the only American amongst a group of British DJ's that go against the governments ban of playing rock n' roll on the radio. They are anchored off the coast of England where they broadcast. The antics are great, the casting superb and the music inspirational. I really enjoyed this film and recommend it to anyone, or at least anyone I know who likes these types of films.

Beside that, it dawned on me tonight that many shows are coming to a close for the summer. Most of which have about 3 or 2 episodes left. I plan on using this summer to catch up on a lot of things I've fallen behind on. Anime tops the list. I'll finish the last two seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, then pick up Doctor Who, Torchwood and maybe Angel. I'll also be looking forward to the summer theater since it looks to be a fun-filled three months.

That's all for now. Until next time...