Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust

Queen is my favorite band and this past episode of Glee gave me the title for this entry. So with the countless rejections I've received from agents, I have thus decided to move onto self-publishing. I know that is has only been 6 months since I sent my query out there, but the fact that 2 agents were interested and said no kind of knocked me down and it was tough to get up. But I did and I am moving on. Self-publishing may seem like the last option, but in all honesty I find it to be a true beginning. By doing it I get complete creative control and show the readers just how I pictured the cover and not what some designers may think it should look like. What you see in the Cover Mock Up sections for Connect, the first novel, is close enough to what I'm going to do, but will modify it a little.

I plan to release Connect sometime this July or August granted the final edits and all are done in time. It will be available through online vendors and once I have the actual links I will post them here. Also working on getting my little tush into the New York Comic Con and hopefully be able to do an event at the Barnes & Noble I work at. Again, this is looking way ahead in advance, but since I haven't blogged in a while I wanted to share with you my current status. A new page has been added with details about Connect. It will be altered in the next few weeks and updated once the cover is complete.

And remember... A lot of success stories have come out of self-publishing. I just believe in this series so much that I want to get it out there now.